Skip to main content

First World Problems.

I recently read an article on Babycenter entitled "Please Stop Buying Toys For My Kid."
 
I have no idea why, but the title just put me off.
 
This is such a first world problem. In fact, most all of our problems in this country are first world problems and it aggravates me.
 
This author goes on to basically complain that she doesn't have space for all of the toys people buy her child...once again, first world problem. I get it, ok. We are all surrounded by Toys R Us, Walmarts, Targets, etc, and it's easy to go overboard with toys for their birthdays and Christmas. I get it, it's hard to organize them. You feel like they are overwhelming your life. But I don't know - to sit there and complain that your child has too many toys is just insulting to me. There are kids in this world who will never have a toy bought for them for Christmas or their birthday and you are sitting there complaining that people are buying your child too many, like it's a real problem in life? Go donate those underused toys that he doesn't play with anymore to people or charities who need them. Like those children who are sitting in shelters with no home at all.
 
I just wish that we didn't always put our problems out there in such a way that makes us look like spoiled Americans with nothing better to do than complain about the amount of toys we have in our house. Can't you just quietly clean out your home of toys and not have to publically declare it and complain about it? At least acknowledge while you are complaining, that in the grand scheme of life, this problem has the significance of a chickpea and think about all of those children who have nothing and maybe think twice about complaining about it at all.
 
I hate even saying anything because there are so many things we all complain about that really don't matter, I am guilty of it as the next person. Facebook is the worst for complaining about insignificant things. "My cable is broken!" "I have waited in line for 10 minutes to buy groceries!" "I am not a huge fan of my teacher (in the education system we receive in this country that isn't even a right it's mandatory)." I realize I sound so hyprocritical right now, seeing as how I've probably said all of those things, and then some, on my own Facebook feed. But I guess sometimes, you see something that gives you a little perspective on just how good we have it, like being able to write whatever I want on my very own blog on my laptop computer that I appreciate now oh so very much more.
 
Ok, off my soapbox for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.