Skip to main content

Weight Watchers???

Today, I start something that I am hoping will help me...


You all know my struggle with weight loss after I've had a baby. I've never really struggled with being overweight. To be honest, I never thought I ever would. I've always been naturally thin. Before I met Jason, my heaviest weight was about 153, which for someone of my height, is on the lower end of the weight spectrum. After Jason, I slowly started gaining weight. In the year after we got together, I gained about 12 pounds. At my wedding weight, I was about 164. My pregnancy weight was 166. I gained 40 pounds during pregnancy and got to 206. I lost it down to 179, and since then, have been between 179 and 185. I haven't gained more than that (that I know of) and have been fluctuating within that same six pounds since last spring. I am usually good at maintaining weight. When I start getting too big for my clothes, I can limit what I eat. It's the losing it that I struggle with.

I have come to the conclusion that I can't do it alone. Over the last year, I've asked Jason to help keep me accountable. Um, bad idea. Wives, what happens when you ask your husbands to "make sure you work out" and "make sure you eat healthy?" At the first sign of "Honey, you told me to make sure you worked out, do you think you need to go out and walk?" I turned into this....



So, that didn't work. I got really excited at the idea of P90X, only to find out that I hate working out now. I came up with every single excuse to hate working out. I tried to do 10 minute trainers, maybe I could just work out 10 or 20 minutes a day? That worked for about a week. I went on a low carb diet and actually lost about 4 pounds, but life gets in the way so often, especially with kids, and I lose my resolve to always eat salads and healthy foods. What can I say? I love movie nights, where I can eat popcorn and good junk treats. I love eating sugary ANYTHING. I love eating chips. I always snack. I eat when I am stressed (which is often). I eat when I am tired (which is often). After Avery goes down, I love to sit and watch TV until bed.

On the flip side, I also hate that I am not active, even though I don't ever do anything about it. I love being thin, even though I don't ever do anything about it. But lately, I've come to HATE being lazy and larger more than I LOVE to be lazy and eat what I want.

I am really hoping Weight Watchers can help. I am kind of at my wit's end.

Comments

Miller Family said…
I saw your blog from visiting your friend Tanna's blog. She's friends with a friend of mine. Small world. I went to South, and kinda remember Brandon from there. I think I was a grade up. Anyways, I noticed the Weight Watcher's title and had to look. I started weight watchers in September and have lost 41 lbs. You can do it. It's a great program and you'll love it. I lost about 30 pretty quickly, and go up and down now, I need to get more strict about tracking again. That's really key. I just wanted to write and let you know you're not alone, and keep going to your meetings. Being in a supportive group like that really helps keep you going. I hope you like your leader!! I'm not sure what area you are in, but I have found 2 leaders that I LOVE. Good Luck!!
Kimie said…
Best of luck with WW!! I can so relate to your struggle. Lately I've been doing Bikram yoga (the hot room kind), and although it's a time commitment, I LOVE how much more toned I've become after having Lucy, and how much better I feel, in general. I hope you have great success with WW :)

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...