Skip to main content

Wordy Wednesday

So, this morning my daughter looked at me and said, "Hi Jenna!" Does your 18 month old toddler know your first name?? It took me completely by surprise. My parents came to my house to get her this morning and I told them what she said. "Surely, I misheard her!" My mom asked her, "Where's Jenna?" And without skipping a beat, Avery pointed right at me. Um, don't quite know how I feel about that??

This just means that Avery picks up on and UNDERSTANDS alot of what we say. Need to be careful, I think!!!

Avery where's your cheek?


Enjoying some ice cream..


Have a great Wednesday! We get the kids Wednesday nights during this summer this year. AWANAS is not going on anymore, but they are doing lots of kids stuff during Wednesday nights at church. Our goal is to get them involved not only with people where we live, but in church as much as we can.

Jordan is at a very difficult age. Not for us but for himself. He was saved when he was 7, but we haven't quite made any progress with him getting baptised. At first, he wanted his Poppy to do it, so our church said they were happy to let Robert borrow our church when Jordan was ready. We were going to do it this summer, but his mom discouraged him from doing it by telling him he wasn't ready. I know that God is present in that side of the family, but I don't think they are as in tune with church and stuff as Jason and our side are. I mean, his family is full of ministers and my parents have gone to our church for many years.

Jordan is pretty vocal at our house about his love for God and the Bible. He loves to tell us his favorite Bible stories. He knows what being saved means. But he tells us those things because we talk about it with him regularly. Last summer, when Robert and Shari had all 6 grand kids, they had a Bible study every night. We watch Bible cartoons, Veggie Tales, listen to Christian music in the car. We pray before meals. We go to church every Sunday.I am not sure if that's true at their moms. I am not going to assume, but I don't think it is. It broke Jason's heart when Jordan left one Sunday, super excited to tell him mom about his decision to get baptised, but then came back on a Thursday telling us he wasn't sure. Of all the things Jason doesn't get a say in, he felt like a complete failure for Jordan's spiritual well-being when he wasn't influential enough for this decision, the biggest one of all.

We kept asking him what changed his mind. When it came down to it, Jordan doesn't want to do it if his mom doesn't feel completely comfortable with it, which is totally understandable. We know he's saved, baptism is just icing on the cake. This can't be something we force him to do. We just have to trust that God will speak with him and give him the strength. I can only imagine how torn in half he must feel. And we don't want to push him into it. This isn't something that a kid should be forced to do. It's hard. But it's just one of those things. Poor kid is figuring it out early.

Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.