Skip to main content

Last Night in Plano and Moving Day

So, yesterday was Avery's last day with Miss Pam. I cried. She cried. It was a sad day.


Last night, we watched the Rangers. I won't even get into that one.

Today we moved. And it was not a great experience with the movers we hired. We ended up having to do much of it ourselves because the customer service person who set up our move didn't seem to know how to communicate. So they showed up with a trailer half the size it should have been. Whatever.

We still have some more to do tomorrow, but tonight is the first night in a new house. I haven't lived in a house in so long, it's going to take me a little while to get used to it. Dogs barking, shadows of trees in the window at night. I always get a little depressed in a new house, just not feeling like it's home, missing my old place. And it's no different at this one. It took Avery a little while to fall asleep tonight, and she is sleeping in our room with us. I think it's just going to take a little while to get settled in.

The house we moved into is older. It's got hardwood floors throughout and alot of the original fixtures. There are some things we are going to do, like paint, but probably nothing else. I do have some great decorating ideas, though.

Here are some pictures of how the house looks tonight...

The kitchen


What will be the dining room, after all of the stuff is moved


This is my favorite area, so far. It's the entrance/foyer...I have some great ideas for that little seating area


The living room, with my handsome husband



The other half of the living room


Our first major house purchase


As happy as I am about moving, and as glad as I am to be here, I am still a little sad about spending the night somewhere new. I find myself missing my apartment and I don't really know why, except that it's just familier. Do any of you ever feel that way when sleeping in a new home? Maybe I am just weird. Tomorrow, I will take pictures of the ginormous backyard that the dogs are loving. Have a good night!

Comments

Nikki McCallum said…
Awww...You'll get used to it, girl. At least you moved into a bigger place. Try moving to a house 500 sq ft smaller and 2 states away...Talk about depressing. :)
none said…
When we moved last, we went from a small new home to a large, old, run down home. Some parts of the house are really isolated and at first it freaked out Joan to be there by herself.

We've been there for years now, and with time, paint, and the occasional upgrade, it's the home our children remember.
*Katy* said…
good luck in the new house! our house was built in 1847...it's amazing what a little elbow grease and paint can do :) hopefully soon y'all will feel at home!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.