Skip to main content

Breakfast with Mommy

Praise God, we found a new babysitter for Avery!

I was NOT looking forward to it. At all. I cried. A couple of times. The most nerve wracking thing is finding someone you trust and like to watch your child for you. And when there aren't alot of options to choose from, you just pray God will bring the right person in your life.

When I was looking for Pam, there was just something about her. I couldn't explain it, but I got a good "vibe" from her. It's like when you find the right man to marry, or wedding dress - you just know. She has turned out to be such a blessing for our family, especially during Avery's first year, when she was so tiny and I almost couldn't take dropping her off with someone else.

Well, with change comes heartache sometimes. I started searching for someone else in GP. I had 3 options - I only use people accredited by the state, since they still get inspected at random every year. The first option was SOOOO close to my house. The second option came recommending and was a little south of my house in a not-so-great neighborhood. The third was VERY south and out of my way. Still in GP, but I am moving to North GP and she is in South GP, then I would have to come back north to go to work in Las Colinas.

I emailed all three. 1st option still hasn't emailed me back, 2nd option called me, and the 3rd option emailed me back - and I really liked her emails.

I called the 1st option. Twice. Still nothing. I called the 2nd option, who told me she kept 10 - 12 kids at a time with no help. Umm, no. The 3rd option - we spoke, by emails. Then we spoke by phone. And I LOVED her. Of course, she would be the one completely out of my way.

But, I don't care. She is only out of the way in the mornings. She is right on the way home for Jason. So, we decided that Jason would drop off Avery in the mornings at my parents, and they would take her to Jenn's house once she opened. I would also take her every once in a while.

I would rather be inconvenienced for someone I love than be convenient for someone I don't. Everything is going to be fine, except that I don't get to take her in the mornings or pick her up in the afternoons anymore. Right now, I take her. And I love my mornings with her. She is always in such a good mood, but in the mornings, it's great. We just hang out and love on each other while I am getting ready. Or we eat breakfast together and lay in bed and watch TV for a little while. But now, I don't get to do that anymore.

So, I decided that I would take Avery out for breakfast today. We went to McDonalds. I am going to have to get that girl her own breakfast soon! She has a bottomless pit, I swear!

She wouldn't look at the camera, so here's the best I could do..



Um, I don't know about this.....


So, I see the food? When are we getting this party started?



Yummy, pancakes!



She really is such great company when going out to eat. She never fusses, never cries. She likes to eat and people watch. Kind of like her mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.