Skip to main content

It was a good day...

Well, I went from having one of the worst days in my life to having a pretty good day!

I found out yesterday that I will be starting a new job! I am very excited. I've needed a new challenge with a career and this seems to be the perfect fit. It has been a lot of soul searching since Avery was born to figure out what I wanted to do about working. I really thought I would want to be a stay at home mom. That wasn't an option for a long time, financially. There was just no way we could afford it. But the job I've been at since last summer, while it hasn't paid the best, it has offered me so much more and really was the perfect job for me during these changes in our lives.

When I worked at my previous job, it was incredibly stressful. We worked overtime all the time and were constantly being talked to about our "performance." People were being let go left and right. I was terrified and stressed out all the time. I would come home crying at least two days a week. While I was making good money, I was also 6 months pregnant and I knew that I couldn't lose this job, because no one else would hire me. Jason and I decided it was best for me to try to find something else, that wasn't as stressful, even if it meant me taking a pay cut. So, the company Jason worked for was hiring for a customer service representative. I could do this, easy. It was good hours, and they even paid for maternity leave, even though I'd only been there for 90 days. And my boss was also pregnant, so she was so understanding. Actually, she is one of the best people I've ever worked for. I don't know how I could have gotten through this year of my life with anyone else as my manager.

I was nervous about getting myself into another stressful situation, so I really put off finding something else for a long time. But I guess God had different plans. and this job I got seems like a great opportunity for me. When it comes down to it, we've spent so much time worrying about money. It sucks every single ounce of happiness out of you when you are constantly worrying about making rent or buying food. I don't mean, worrying about whether or not we can go to Chick Fil A or something. I mean serious money worrying. And to me, I just know that I am not a person who can be the best mom, sitting at home every single day, just worrying. Avery doesn't need that. She needs an environment that will be happy. Not me, being unhappy and crabby all the time. Or a dad who is terrified that he won't make enough to be a good provider.

Truth be told, Jason and I would really like to be able to take the kids places and do things with them. Not buy them stuff, we just don't believe in buying the kids lots of things. But we would love to be able to take them on a real vacation, take them to places in Dallas . Give them experiences. Have experiences with them. And we would actually like to be able to do things ourselves, once in a while. To not worry about buying a new pair of shoes we might need or getting down to the last little of money we have and realizing we don't have diapers. And to have a house. So, we both decided it was best for me to find something new. And this will be a great thing.

So, I leave you with a picture - doesn't she look like the Fresh Prince? I put this hat on her and she had it turned around like this when I was ready to get her out of the car....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.