Skip to main content

Tripp

I really don't know why this mother has struck such an emotional cord with me. But I have been looking at her blog several times a day since the last post to see any updates on her little boy. This morning, I got the update.

My precious angel received his wings today.


I have had many nightmares about having to write this post.

He was exactly 2 years and 8 months old.

It happened within minutes of me picking him up out of bed and rocking him.

He took his last peaceful breaths in my arms, in his most favorite spot.

My heart literally hurts more than I ever thought was possible.

I'm completely lost without him and don't know where to go or what to do when my feet hit the floor.

I miss him so much it physically hurts.

Please don't forget to thank God for the PEACE we prayed to him for.

And please bear with me as I try to pull myself together.

I will let everyone know as soon as I decide on the details of his services.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support through this unbearable time.

I know he's flying high, pain free, and talking Jesus' ear off...

But that doesn't take away this selfish feeling of wanting him back in my arms.

I love you, Bubby.

Mommy misses you more than I promised I would...

I hope Jesus loves your drumming as much as we all did.

 
I just couldn't stop reading these last two posts. I spoke to some of you who were hardly able to read what I wrote and couldn't bring yourself to read what she wrote herself. I don't know why I couldn't stop. I told my friend this weekend that maybe I felt like it wasn't fair to Tripp's mom, who actually was going through this horrible situation, to not read and experience even the slightest bit of her pain. Like, if I stopped and didn't cry for her and feel her pain that I was sparing myself when this mother couldn't.
 
This weekend wasn't the best weekend for me or Jason. Not that anything bad happened per se, but there are some things going on that are out of our control and I find myself a little depressed and sad about life sometimes, especially how people can be towards one another. I try not to talk about the divorce or the unfairness of custody but I still expect some good out of some people and are still somewhat surprised at the ugliness. I guess that's all I can say about that, but when you look at a situation such as this one it's just hard to imagine why people make their lives so much harder than it has to be, why they are mean for no reason, and why they just can't realize that life on it's own is hard enough and we don't need to keep making it harder on ourselves and those around us. But, as my preacher said on Sunday, we don't always know God's plan. We just have to accept that we don't know, but God does. It's not always easy to do.
 
If you'll notice, I highlighted a part of this post in red, where she asks us to thank God for the peace we prayed for. Those words are just beyond me. She lost her son in a horrible way and instead of being mad at God, which I am sure a part of her is, she asks us to thank God for the peace he provided towards the end. Sometimes are prayers aren't always answered. And sometimes they are answered in a way that is more than we could have hoped. I guess when you have accepted God's plan, you just ask God for a little bit of comfort in the process. "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." If she was going to lose her little boy, she is glad God gave him peace. I am floored by this woman and her strength. Especially that during this process she was able to write about it. She knew that this was a part of EB and that was the whole point of her blog, to bring awareness of this disease and death is a part of that. Floored.
 
I know my posts have been so sad these last few days but I guess that's how I've been feeling. Just blue. I think we all go through that from time to time in life, don't we? But, we have to know that God has reasons for everything and this is all part of the journey. I am praying for Tripp's mommy. But I am joyful that Tripp is with Jesus and pain free and happy. Hopefully, Jesus will allow Tripp to look after his mommy as she's looked after him.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.