Skip to main content

Taking the High Road

I was going to post a few of my past days 30 days of prayer and the topics, but something else sideswiped me today, so I thought it was only fitting that I pray for something else today, including my marriage.

I do NOT always like to be the bigger person. There, I said it. Sometimes, it's nice to be the bigger person, because you feel good about yourself, knowing that you have done the right thing. Other times, being the bigger person JUST. PLAIN. STINKS.

I feel really sorry for Jason sometimes. Being divorced with kids involves ALOT of being the bigger person. Especially when there is someone that just doesn't want to cooperate. I had a taste of what it was like tonight to have someone just not care, one small little bit, about someone else's life, feelings, or time. Let me tell you, in alot of life's circumstances, you have control over the situation, to a certain degree. Divorce and children is not one of those circumstances if you are the parent who does not have the kids the majority of the time. There are alot of dead beat dads out there, I get that. There are alot of dads who do not care to pay for their children or want to be a part of their childrens' lives. But Jason is not one of those dads. For dads like Jason, the system seriously is rotten. And if you have a lawyer who was not working to help you at all from the beginning, it's even more rotten. I wish there was something I could do sometimes to help. I wish I could do something to make things less frustrating at times, for him and for me. But the fact is, there are just things beyond our control in life and this is one of them. It just stinks sometimes, it really just does. We pray to God, ALOT for the ability just to get over it, because it is all we can do. If we dwell on the unfairness of it all, it will just eat us up inside. So Jason and I will vent to each other when things happen that are not fair and then get over it. Life is simply too short.

I have always told myself that I will not use this blog as a way of putting someone else down, even though there have been many instances where I have wanted to do just that. Once again, that is me being the bigger person. And I realize I am being incredibly vague about the circumstances involving this post. But I just needed to say "LIFE ISN'T FUN SOMETIMES AND BEING THE BIGGER PERSON IS HARD!"

One of my favorite quotes is how I will end this: "Whoever decided how high the high road should be should be fired." Sandra Bullock



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.