Skip to main content

The Pups



I was in the bathroom when a cute black lab mix named Bella followed me in and watched me. She looked up at me, with those sad, lab eyes, and so I got on the ground and did what she wanted me to do: rub her belly. I rubbed her belly for about 20 minutes, in the middle of the bathroom floor, until she got up and went in the other room. I love that dog. I have loved that dog since the second I saw her. Bella came to me as a complete surprise. My friend Kate texted me, in the middle of a Monday, asking if I wanted a free puppy. I had been wanting one for a while, but it just never seemed to be the perfect fit. Blindly, I said I would love one. I told her I wanted a girl dog, so Kate went out to her friend's house, where her puppies were just accidents and she was giving them all away, and got the only female of a litter of 8. It just so happened, she was the only all black puppy, and the cutest one at that. She was the product of a corgi/blue heeler mother and a lab dad. Just a little mutt, waiting for a home.

I remember that day, I don't think I had very much money. Just enough to get her some food, a collar, and some shampoo. But something told me I was getting the dog I'd been looking for, so even though I was down to my last dollars, I still took her. I met Kate after work, and as soon as I saw that black ball of fur, I knew this dog had meant to be with me. I took her and kissed her, even though she was dirty as a pup could be, hugged her, and couldn't wait to get her home. She was always a very smart dog, even as a puppy. She took to potty training in about a week, loved people, and just was a joy to have around. I have loved that dog since the second I got her and I know I will love her as long as she is with me.



Molly was a puppy who didn't have a very charmed childhood. She wasn't with her mommy for 8 weeks like Bella, and she didn't get to play with her brothers and sisters either. The pound found her in a box by a dumpster at 5 weeks old. Molly has always been timid, even when Jason first got her. The day I met her, she piddled on the floor because she was scared of everything. But when her and Bella met, they were instant sisters. As time went on, Molly turned in to a wonderful dog to have around. She is the softest dog I have ever felt. She loves kisses, she LOVES the kids and protects us, every chance she gets. Bella will not really lay by you or let you hug her alot, but Molly will. She is really my lover out of the two. Molly has turned out to be a dog I could never imagine giving up. I love those dogs, more than I ever thought I could love an animal.



I think about my dogs. No matter what, they love me. I leave them in the kennel, all day sometimes, and all they want when I get home is to have their bellies rubbed and some hugs and kisses. Sure, they shed. Alot. Molly has an accident or two. Bella pulls way too hard on the leash. But no matter what I do, or how I am, they love me anyway. Jason always wonders why things they do don't bother me that much. How their excessive amount of hair doesn't drive me bonkers or how them jumping on the furniture doesn't cause me to be annoyed. And I always think to myself: They don't ask too much of me. All they ask is some attention every once in a while. The least I can do is love them half as much as they love me. And if that means sitting on the cold bathroom floor, petting them until they are done with me, then so be it.

If you have a dog, give it a big hug and a kiss and know that right now, all that dog wants to do is be with you.

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.