Skip to main content

More Spray Painting....

So, here another project I've been working on.

This shelf started off black, and I decided to paint it cream. I'm not a huge fan of putting white on white, but I think it works pretty well in this space.


 
I went a little nuts with the spray paint this weekend. As you can see, Rustoleum Aqua has been on my favorites list for a while. Everything here has been painting with that, except for the lamp, which I got for $7 at Family Dollar one day. This vase was one of about 10 I had that I decided to paint white a few years ago, I literally just sprayed the bottom of it blue, no tape or anything, just to add some contrast. That "faith" décor was gold and I found it for a $1 at Dollar Tree one year. I just painted it blue. The tree limbs just came out of my front yard for fall last year and they've just stayed in ever since.

 
I love this space and how this is all turning out. Very comfy but deliberate. Relaxing but stylish.

 
I found these frames at a garage sale a while back. My intention was to do something artsy with the canvas inside, but after I painted them, I got the idea to glue some jute to hang them on the wall. My next step will be to find some 3D something to put in there, maybe a collection of old cool keys or antlers or something. That will come to me one day, I'm sure.


This is a picture of my daughter twirling that my mom gave me one year. I love her face in these pictures.

 
This space now has such great flow. I love it.


 
Across from that is my newly painted dresser and one of my favorites. My friend Kelli made this for me for my birthday after I constantly told her how much I loved hers when I went to her house, and it was the best surprise. I love that it's one of the first things you see when you walk into my house.


That picture frame I've had for years and it was in one of the drawers. I found it when I painted the dresser and was so happy. The candles and candle holder was a $5 garage sale find that I painted and distressed over the weekend.

 
This is probably one of my favorite wedding pics. The stuff in the vase is my wedding unity sand. After 5 years, it's getting pretty dusty and a certain 4 year old has played in it a time or two. I'm sure one day I will have to just pour it out, but that day is not today. I can't bring myself to, just yet.

 
Up next is a complete tour of my whole space, along with my 70% finished gallery wall. Thanks for all of the great responses on my posts so far, it's so wonderful to hear positive things!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.