Skip to main content

Christmas and New Years

I feel like this holiday break went really fast this year. Is it just me or does it go by faster the older you get?
 
I have been working this break, so having a child home from school with two parents working from home has been a challenge. I took Avery to a local church with a huge playground and free WiFi so I could work and she could play. I will be doing this again, for sure!
 

 
We spent a lot of time hanging out in our comfy clothes with our beautiful dogs.


 
Colbi also got to come spend the night, which we loved. Mom took them to a Polar Express event at the library so they spent all day in their jammies. We took them out to eat and then to look at Christmas lights. They sang and sang and fought and played. Just like sisters.


 
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Gigi and Pops and apparently, I took no pictures on my phone...mom of the year, right here. We had a great time and the girls loved to play (and fight) with their new toys.

 
We watched a lot of TV this break, but a lot of new things like ballet and some movies we haven't seen before. (By the way, Malificent is awesome!)

 
Jason and I went to a friend's wedding. It was freezing this day and Avery got to spend the night at Gigi and Pops house. She wore a new Christmas gift which is adorable.
 
It was a beautiful wedding with a beautiful couple. I love sharing days like that with people.







 
We didn't have the kids for Christmas this year, so they came over on Sunday afternoon and opened presents immediately after they walked in the door. Jordan is going to be 13 this year (wha???) and has been incredibly responsible with the electronics he already has, so we decided to get him a Wii for his room.


Sophia got several toys, but also got a Roku in her room.



 
We drove down to San Antonio that evening and spent a few days with Nawni, Poppy, Faith, Scotty, and the boys.
 

 
I think this is the first picture I've taken of just the four of them since Jason and I have been together!

 
And of course, the selfie with all 13 of us!!

 
On New Years, we had our annual Sunday school class gathering at our house. It was an ugly sweater theme, and since I wasn't about to try and find 5 sweaters, I decided to make a few and make them all matching!!!
 
 
So now, for the next few days, we are spending a few non-planned days at home, hanging out with each other and enjoying each other's company. Have a good last few days of break!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...