Skip to main content

2014 In Review

Avery spent her first full year in big kid school! She has loved learning new things and comes home every day telling us of great things she's done. In the fall, she started at a new school and goes four days a week. We will keep her in this school until she starts kindergarten!
 
 
 
 
I got my Real Estate license and became a licensed Realtor!
 
 
It has been an entirely new experience for me and I am so glad about this new phase of life!!
 
Jason and I got to go on two trips together this year, which is a huge blessing and we are so excited to be able to spend that time together. We celebrated four years of marriage in Las Vegas and went to the beach in Fort Lauderdale!
 
 
 
As a family, we took our first long road trip to the Grand Canyon!! We had such a great week of time together.
 
 
 
I did a lot of decorating for our house this year!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
We got to spend the summer at Hawaiian Falls this year!! And mom got a great tan (which is gone, boo) Avery also learned to swim with no floaties!!
 
 
 
 
We celebrated three birthdays. We have a 12 year old, a 9 year old and a 4 year old!
 
 
 
(Jordan went paintballing, no picture to show for that!)
 
We did our last year of trick or treating with all three kids. Next year, we will have a teenager. (Sob)
 
 
We also spent the last year for a few years with all three kids for Easter. It has always fallen on our weekend, but I think next year, it won't. (Sob)
 
 
We also took lots of family pictures this year....
 
 


 
It's been a wonderful year for us and we are so thankful for all of God's blessings in our life. On to 2015!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...