Skip to main content

Avery's First Day of Pre-K 2014

As soon as I had decided to sign Avery up for a pre-k program, all Avery could talk about is going to "Big Kid School." I took her up about a month ago to register, and she apparently thought that was going to be her first day. When we turned around to leave after I filled out the paperwork, she started crying in the parking lot that she wanted to start big kid school! "I want to stay, mommy!!" Avery started her school one week after the other two kids, but when they told us about their first week, Avery was always quick to say, "I am going to Big Kid School, too, right mom?" So, when it was Meet the Teacher, Avery was SO excited.
 
 
I was expecting school, but that night, when I brought Avery and she had a chair and folder and sign with her name on it, and bulletin boards with numbers and letters, and days of the week, and months of the year, and backpacks, and lunchboxes, and emails home from the teacher, suddenly I was picturing her first day of kindergarten, and middle school, and graduation. I was so excited to watch her so excited and to watch what she is going to learn how to do this year, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have just a twinge of sadness and emotion because I know this is just the beginning of her life flashing before my eyes.
 
This year, as we went shopping for the start of the school year, my mom and I decided to just buy her lots of dresses. The child will wear other things (sometimes), but mostly, it's dresses. And on a given day, we will have two or three outfit changes. She is a girly girl when it comes to that. Now, you see that bow in her hair? That will stay in a total of 30 minutes. Then, she just rips her hair down. I can't get her to keep her hair done these days!!!
 
 
She requested I take a couple silly shots too. :-)
 
On her second day, Avery got homework....HOMEWORK!! It was tracing her numbers, so we worked on it, and she did a really great job! She is great with numbers and counting. I am looking forward to her starting to recognize letters, too.
 
Here are a list of Avery's Favorite Things these days, we will see if this stays this way at the end of the year!
 
Favorite Thing to Wear: DRESSES!!
Favorite TV Show: Sophia the First or Doc McStuffins
Favorite Movie: Hotel Transylvania
Favorite Foods: PB&J sandwiches, applesauce, granola bars
Favorite Thing To Do: Be my shadow!!!
Favorite New "Trick:" Swimming in the pool without a floatie! (She's gotten quite good!)
Favorite Friend: Anyone who will play with her while she's bossing them around (And her sister).
Favorite Song: "Without You" Toby Mac
Favorite Toy: Her new Big Wheels
Favorite Book: Paragon "Excuse Me!" Storybook
Favorite Sayings:
"Oh mom, that's brilliant!"
"See! I told ya,"
"Here's the deal..."
 
 
Here is Avery's First Day of Daycare when I went back to work (February 2011):
 
 
Her first day at Miss Jenn's after we moved to Grand Prairie (it just happened to be Halloween, which was interesting because when we dropped her off, Miss Jenn was dressed up as a witch! Avery was like, "Um, you are leaving me with WHO now?") (October 2011):
 
 
Her first week of MDO last year (November 2013):
 
 
This year, first day of Pre-K:
 
 
She is growing up so fast. Tear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.