Skip to main content

My Little Sidekick

So, we are going into this summer a little different than other summers. Right about now, in the past few years, it's been a mad scramble to figure out what we are going to do with the kids while we have them the whole month of July. It was always stressful, both planning wise and financially. This year, I have to say, it's a huge blessing that we don't have to worry about it, with me being in my new career. I've had people ask me how real estate has been going, and I'd have to say, GREAT! It's been a lot of fun. I love looking at houses with people and finding a house the speaks to them and being there through the process. I am cutting myself a little bit of slack right now - Avery has only been in school twice a week (10 hours a week) and now, she is out of school completely until fall starts. So, with a  3 year old, and a husband who works and travels a lot, it's always a task to figure out when I can work and how it can be done. It usually falls to the nights and weekends, and that works well for our family. I am looking forward to this summer, though. We will be getting our Hawaiian Falls passes and I see many a' day out there, under the sun, cooling off in the water.
 
With that said, Avery has been a real trooper, being home with me almost all day, every day, even when I have to work on the computer (which is a lot). She has traveled the neighborhood with me passing out flyers, she's gone to my office several times while I did things I needed to do, she's gone and previewed houses with me, and gone to other realty companies to drop off money, like she did today.
 
 
 
I really think she likes being my little sidekick and today, she was so good with all of the errands I had to run, that she got a slushie and Cheetos as a snack, at QT. You'd have thought I'd bought her a gold bar or something.
 
Earlier today, we had to finish some laundry and she wanted to help, which I was all about!!
 


Avery has just entered the "why?" phase. Everything is why? why? why? I love it but there isn't anything you can do to satisfy her curiosity. I've learned that. It's so wonderful to watch her switching in to the next phase of life, she is really so much fun!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.