Skip to main content

Tuesday Tell-All

I finally got a camera! An honest to goodness, not a cell phone, camera. Brooke would be so proud. How has it been, you might ask, that I've gone this long without having a camera? Well, the answer is simple. I forget to take pictures, even with the cameras I've had. But I figure with the baby coming, it's probably good that I have one. So, I took my first picture on it, my new belly picture. This is almost 22 weeks, so it's almost been 4 weeks since the last one. I think I am growing. I think I need to stop growing so much. :-)




Jason, me and the kids have started walking every night, thank you Nawni and Gigi for being such good examples for us! As we were walking the other night, Jordan, who was terrified to ride his bike (sorry, he said he could but would never do it) actually rode his bike without training wheels! Jason has been encouraging him to do this for a while, and I was so proud of my husband, because he wouldn't take no for an answer and finally got Jordan to try. And boy, he rode and rode. And guess what. He loves it! Kids just don't trust you when you tell them that, do they? But he does! So I am a happy stepmom because the two things he was scared to do last summer, swim with his face in the water and ride his bike without training wheels, he is doing like a champ! And I know he is proud of himself for accomplishing those things, even if he doesn't want to do it at first and it takes a little coaxing.

Sophia has been having some issues this last month with being scared. She doesn't want to go into a room without the light on, even if it's in the middle of the day, she doesn't want to potty without closing the door, stuff like that. I don't really know where it started, but it did about 2 weeks ago. Apparently, it's pretty normal at this age. So, I did a "Sophie's By Myself Chart" and put down 10 smiley faces. Each time she does something by herself, she gets to mark off a smiley face. When she marks off all ten, she gets a surprise! And she did, tonight! She's not a hard one to get to do things, you just have to give her a goal. As long as she has something she is working towards, she will try just about anything.

I am still learning how to be a good stepmom. I feel like I am hard on the kids sometimes, but I also feel like I need to expect them to be the best they can be, even when they say no or they think they can't. Because the only things I can do as their stepmom is love them and do what I can to help them become the people I know they will be proud of when they are older. As parents, you have to be able to see in to the future and decide what you are doing now that is going to affect them as they get older. And you can't be afraid to be disliked once in a while. The thing is, kids will always love you. And as long as the stern hand comes with hugs and kisses and encouragment, you can never go wrong. I want Jordan and Sophia to be people they can be proud of when they are adults and that means not allowing them to get away with bad behavior now and expecting more out of them than they expect from themselves. It's not always easy, but I feel like I do the best I can. I know they know I love them, and that's really all that matters!

Work has been trying on me lately. It's a stressful job I have sometimes so I have been praying alot for God to give me strength. Maybe you all could pray for me too. Being an adult is hard sometimes. I don't think I want to do it anymore. :-) That's all for now, have a great evening!

Comments

Brooklynn said…
I AM proud of you! Thank the Lord for pictures that aren't taken with cell phones!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.