Skip to main content

Our Weekend

Well, July is almost halfway over. HOW CAN THAT BE???? Having the kids around last week was fun and having my in-laws here has been such a blessing. I don't really spend any time with them, since they live so far away. They have really got to enjoy seeing the kids. Since the divorce, and even before that, they have not spent more than a week with the kids. They have never spent any quality time with them just by themselves. So having Nawni and Poppi around this last week has been so fun. This week, they took the kids to the annual Whitehead Family Reunion. Jason and I were unable to go because we couldn't get off work, bummer, but they took the kiddos for the whole week. I know Jason is missing them but they will be back soon and we have the rest of July to spend with the kids. Since Jason has been divorced, he has never had a chance to have the kids more than the weekend. Since his ex changed the visitation and decided to go back to the written decree, it has meant that he has been able to have the kids for a week at a time and in July, the whole month. Without me being in the picture, this would have been very difficult, as he has no family to take care of them for July and couldn't afford day care, so I am glad that he has this opportunity and I am able to help with that. This year, we have them the whole week of Thanksgiving, so they will be around (hopefully) when the baby comes. I know that's something they will really want to be a part of. Also, we get them for the week after Christmas!

The baby has been moving around like crazy this weekend. As I speak, she is just kicking away. It's getting stronger and stronger, although Jason has been unable to feel it as of yet. It's funny, she will move around and I will tell Jason, "Hurry, put your hands here!" When he does, she stops. Crazy! The feeling of that movement is nuts; feels like a gas bubble at first, but the last week or so (as her bones are becoming harder and more calcified) I can definitely tell the difference. So far, I have gained about 12 pounds, which isn't bad for as far along as I am. Because I am tall, I don't feel like I look like I am almost six months pregnant, but I guess that's a good thing!

Jason and I were able to enjoy the whole weekend together, doing nothing but sitting around and watching movies. I have to say, it was very nice. We aren't going to have a whole lot of opportunities to do that once the baby comes, at least not for a while, so we take advantage of it as much as possible. We got up and had breakfast at Denny's, relaxed and read the paper. Then we decided to go garage sale shopping to see if we could find anything for the baby. Of course, Jason thought that meant let's see what we can find. The first house we drove up to had a telescope. He was so excited about it, I am like, you have never been interested in astrology, what are you going to do with a telescope? Sometimes he says I dash his ideas without understanding why he has them. I probably do that, sure, but if it wasn't for me, we would probably have a very large and useless telescope in a small, already crowded apartment right now. Ah the joys of being a wife. We did manage to find some great kids stuff at another sale. Namely, we bought a good as new, Snoopy Snow Cone Maker for $1! I thought, what a cool thing to have! We also got Operation, a puzzle book, playing cards (Star Wars, of course) and a puzzle for a grand total of $4. We didn't find any baby stuff, but I am sure we will eventually!

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband lately? It's so nice to be married to someone who I am attracted to, who truly understands me, who is patient, kind, and loves to do the same things I do (and vise-versa). God sure knew what he was doing when he put us two together! I really enjoyed being with him this weekend. Oh, and I did manage to find some cute onesies and pants, socks, and headbands for the baby on sale. I love shopping for little girls. Unfortunately, it will be a while before I can actually buy her outfits, as everything right now is for summer, not fall or winter, when she will be here. Guess I will have to wait for some of that!

Comments

pammy said…
Jenna, I love reading your blog and feel so lucky to have made the connection with you again. Keep the updates coming, and Baby Whitehead keep kicking, Dad will notice you in there! Love to you both!
Jennifer said…
I love the name you have picked for your sweet baby girl!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.