Skip to main content

Our Christmas Week

Know what I've decided? I am NOT going to do any more ongoing blogs, like the 12 days of Christmas. It was such a great idea, but I forget to do it, then I look back today and where I should have 11 I only have 4. I am just not good about this blogging thing yet.

This week has been an interesting experience. I got to experience a little of what it's like to be a stay at home mom. We have the kids this week and I took the week off to hang out with them. I certainly have a new understanding for what it's like! There is a part of me that likes not having the responsibility of a job. However, being at home with children all day is a totally different challenge. First of all, it's hard labor. You do the cleaning, the laundry, vacuuming, etc. You are constantly picking things up, making food, playing with kids. I think I would probably lose about 20 pounds if I did it all the time, because there were a couple of meals I completely forgot to eat. I have been thinking about what it will be like when Jason and I have a baby. Will I stay at home? Or will I just have to go back to work? I really like my job, but then again, I don't know that I could stay gone from my child that long. Anyway, to all you stay at home moms, my hat is off to you and what you do every day!

We also had our engagement pictures, which are attached below. We have the best photographer ever, and that's no lie. She is absolutely amazing and I am so lucky my sister hooked us up with her. We told her when we met for our initial appointment what we wanted. I have been to enough weddings that I knew what I didn't want. For one, I don't want cheesy, unnatural posed pictures at all. I want pictures taken of random moments, but also pictures of us laughing and talking. Of course, you have to have some posed pictures, but Allison knows just how to take the picture where it doesn't look fake. There isn't any of this "now tilt your head so slightly left" and stuff. Here are just a few of the pictures she has already editted and posted (that's right, she had these done the next day!). The other thing I asked is that we don't spend an hour between the ceremony and the reception taking pictures. Let's take it fast and move on. She is totally in tune with what we want and I am so excited to have found her!








Christmas is certainly better with kids. It adds to the excitment of everything! We have the kids every other year for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so this year, we went to my parents house to celebrate. We rounded up both dogs, and all 4 of us. Needless to say, it was an experience. Jordan and Sophia got some great gifts, exactly what they wanted, and we had such a great time with them this year.






Merry Christmas to all of my wonderful friends and family. I love each and every one of you, and wish you blessing this Christmas. And remember, Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.