Skip to main content

The Lord In My Life

Today is the day we celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ - that he died on the cross for our sins, then arose from death three days later to ascend into heaven next to God's side. 

Jesus changed everything. When he came down to Earth, and took on the form of man, he became the most important man to have ever lived. His ministry changed religion forever, as God had intended. His presence on this earth changed time, as our history is marked before he was born, and after he ascended.

But most importantly - it changed our entire relationship to God and showed us what God would do to reconcile us with Him. That even though we are his creation and made beautifully in his image, we are filled with sin that separates us from God. Separation from God means spending an eternity without his presence. It means death, forever. But God so loved the world that He sent His one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

Sin is an ugly thing. Satan is like a thief in the night, who comes to steal and destroy lives, relationships, marriages and families. Sin has affected my family in a horrible way these past few months. Some of you know my situation and some of you haven't yet heard. When the time is right, I'll tell you my story. For now, let's just say that Satan is the ultimate deceiver. His timing is perfect and he knows the precise moment and circumstances to sneak in, and the lies to tell that will cause the most destruction. And if you aren't right with God, and strong in the Lord, it won't take much for Satan's lies to creep in. And before you know it, you are a different person than you'd ever thought you'd be. 

I've never known spiritual warfare as I've seen it in these past few months. I've never witnessed a spiritual battle for a soul as I have seen. Some of you may have witnessed that in your lives, whether it be a loved one or maybe yourself. It is terrifying when Satan has his sights set on someone you love, and when the target is your family. And he is much more powerful than I have ever given him credit for. To pretend like he doesn't exist in this world, or to be so confident in our salvation on our walk with God that we don't do the things we should do, invites Satan into your life in a big way. And come, he will, and he'll try to take every single thing of importance to you with him. 

But thank God that my Savior is bigger, stronger and victorious! I've never been more thankful that God is on my side, that God loves me and that God has my life in His hands. Because if it hadn't been for the relationship I have with my Lord Jesus Christ, these last few months could have quite literally beat me. And Satan could have won - but he didn't. Because my Lord Jesus Christ died for me and rose again, and is the Lord of my life and heart, and has been with me every step of my journey, I stand here today and better and stronger Christian. He has shown me a glorious life that He has in store, and with His strength, I can get up day and find the blessings in God's creation and in His plan for my life. 

God did that for you, too. When He was hanging on that cross, in pain and agony, He was thinking of you. Your face was in his mind and your sin was on His shoulders. He died for you. Not for the world, but for you. And with that sacrifice, he thought about spending eternity in heaven with you by His side. If you don't know the Lord personally, but would like to, I would love to tell you more about what He's done in my life. 

Image result for he is risen images

Rejoice for our Lord is Risen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.