Skip to main content

Redoing the Girls Room...Again

Every girl's room I've ever done has had an element of pink. Pink, pink, pink. I tried to make it different by painting Avery's room lime green, but still, we ended up with pink accents. I'm tired of pink and so are the girls. So this time, I did something with the girls room I wanted to do - black, white and gold, a little touch of Parisian flair.

The idea has always been to have two twin beds in one room for when cousins spend the night, so I finally got two white beds and a color scheme and then it was time!

First things first - I had some furniture to paint.

These night stands were leftover from a sale I did. I had them in my guest room but they look PERFECT as black with gold handles, don't you think?


This was also from a sale (recognize it, Nancy?). I didn't even paint the handles and it looks amazing.





I got a wild hair to paint that back wall black. Or at least, half of it. Since I already had a chair rail and bead board, it went together very nicely! I have so much white trim in my house, dark colors don't seem to really darken a room. Otherwise, I don't think I would have ever painted a wall black!


I can take a picture of a room, but light is a different story - I wish you could see these chandeliers better! My mom bought these for me when I was putting together Avery's nursery and I hadn't been able to showcase them well since. I've always wanted to use them over the beds instead of lamps, and it looks amazing!!!

So - just a little cost points here -

The curtains came from DD's Discounts - $9.99 for both
The letters came from Five Below - surprising, yes? They were $3 each.
The black paint was just Rustoleum Gloss Black - $8.50 for a quart and it did two rooms (I'll show Jordan's tomorrow!) and half of the dresser.
I already had the night stands - spray paint was Gloss Black and it was $3.87 and it did both. I already had the gold paint.
The beds were free from various places.
The most expensive thing in this room was the bedding. The comforters were $40 from Target, sheet sets were $19 from Target and the pillows were $10 for 2 at DD's Discounts.
The chairs at the end were $20 each from Walmart, and the pillowcases were $4 from Target.

All in all - this room redo cost around $200. Not too terrible!


This mirror has now officially been 4 different colors. I think I bought it at Walmart ten years ago for $10, so I have way gotten my money out of it.


These little chairs are plush and really cute. I love that they have a little sitting area!


I redid that dresser and it makes a perfect TV spot. I found that heart at Target and the Paris picture at DDs, and the rest of it, I printed off the computer, and used frames I already had. I think it turned out beautifully!



I love this picture of Sophia with the horses. She had just turned 5 the week of our wedding, and was so into animals (still is.) She ran off while we were getting in our carriage to leave and before any of us knew it, she was petting horses across the street. Scared a few of us half to death - but we got a great picture out of it!


The other favorite picture of she and I was this shot at the wedding. She was so teeny.


This is my favorite room is my house, currently. I'm so fickle!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.