Skip to main content

Campaign Furniture Set Redo - Jordan's Room

A few years ago, I went to an estate sale and found this beautiful campaign dresser. It actually came with a mirror as well, but I opted to just redo the dresser by itself.
I decided to do it hombre and put it in Jordan's room at our old rent house.
I really loved Jordan's room in this house - everything matched and it looked nice together.
Ironically, it was at that estate sale that we first saw our new house that we live in now. They were only selling the dresser at that time, and I had no idea that it was actually part of a whole set.
Imagine my surprise this summer when I look at the yard of our now-across-the-street neighbors, who we originally bought the dresser from for $10, and see the matching chest of drawers and nightstand. I made a beeline across the street and they sold me both pieces for $15. It was a great day.
The hombre just wasn't working for me anymore - after the move, the paint had a lot of chips in it and it just looked cheap. Jordan picked out a new bedspread for his room, so I decided to redo all of the furniture to match, and wanted to really showcase the campaign pieces and their coolest feature, the metal finishes.
This is what I came up with! (excuse the pano view)

I am just in love with how it all turned out. Since he will be a teenager next year, I really wanted something that didn't look little boy-ish anymore and could last a while into his teen years. He hasn't even seen all of the pieces finished yet - he's been asking me for a month now when I am going to be done. (Yes, it was a good day when I found everything but it took me a while to get up the motivation to get it all done!)
I ended up buying a pint size can of glossy black paint. It would have easily taken me 15 cans of spray paint to do all of this, and I hate spray painting anything that long. Since it's so hot outside, it only took me two days because the paint dried so fast. I prefer to paint with sponge brushes - I hate regular paint brushes. Once I finish with them, I just throw them away. I think I bought a can of Rustoleum Glossy Black for like, $10, and three new sponge brushes for $2. I already had a can of poly from another project (that has lasted me forever). That's the one thing I didn't do with the dresser last time and I regretted it, so this time, I had to seal it with something. So, I guess, if you want to include the original dresser purchase, the new pieces, the black can of paint and the brushes, we got a brand new bedroom set for $37. The bedspread set and sheets cost more than the furniture did!
I love it when I check something off of my to-do list! Now, on to MY room!


Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life.
We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good.
We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives.
I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest blessin…

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best. So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System. This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This system really exfolia…

Our Trip to Orlando and Universal/Disney Travel Tips! (Long Post!!!)

Well, we just got back from our trip to Orlando! And I am tired and sore, but happy and so very glad we were able to do this as a family! Most of my Facebook peeps saw our pictures, but I wanted to share about our vacation and a little travel tips for those thinking of planning something similiar! 
Use a Travel Agent!
First and foremost - I booked my trip, basically last minute, through the amazing and wonderful Lana Kluge . Booking through a travel agent costs you, the consumer, NOTHING. It doesn't make your trip any more expensive and adds nothing to your end bill. What it does do is add a valuable service to your vacation, and that's exactly what Lana offered us. She has been to Disney multiple times and was able to answer all of my many questions up to, and while on, my vacation. Even with booking our resort, we were able to ask where our room was located, as the resort we stayed at (Art of Animation) is very large and I read people saying they had to walk a very long way …