Skip to main content

Weekend Wrap Up

I was not a good photographer this weekend. So, I apologize in advance.

Jason and I had to go pick the kids up from their aunt and uncle's house this weekend. Jason and I had talked about wanting to stay the night in San Antonio, but decided we probably just couldn't afford it. We had put the idea off, until Friday. I was just convinced I wanted to go and at least get one night's vacation, since it was probably the only one we were going to get this summer. Well, my sister pulled through for us and got us a hotel room for free in Live Oak, which is north San Antonio! We were so excited.

We really wanted to take the kids to the Riverwalk, but I was told that the Cowboys had their training camp there this week and the Riverwalk would more than likely be very packed. Since this was the only "vacation" Jason and I would have, we opted to take the path of least resistance and decided to go out to eat and bowling instead. I did spring for a new dress (Target - just went all out. Ha ha). So, we went and ate at this seafood restaurant - it was awesome!


We weren't really sure about it when we walked in, you ordered at the counter and picked up your own food and we wanted a sit down place. But shortly after we arrived and were looking at the menu, at 5:45 pm, the line started forming out the door and quickly decided there must be something to this place. Boy, were we glad we stayed. Not only was it inexpensive, but the portions were very large and it was delicious!! Then, we decided to take the kids bowling.

(By the way, we were stopped at the light in this picture!!)


 
I have to say, something happened to Jordan on this trip because he came back a brand new kid. He was all grown up!! He got the food at the restaurant without being asked, helped pack and unpack the car, he even unhooked his sister from her carseat. Such a big kid. He was an absolute pleasure!!!


We hadn't really planned on bowling when we got dressed, so Soph and I were both wearing dresses with no socks. I had to buy some socks and all they had were adults. Sophia looked pretty cute in her too-big socks, bowling shoes, and a bright green bowling ball!







Avery is such a people person. She did GREAT the whole trip. We took her bowling for the first time, and she just sat in her stroller for a while, just looking at us and the people around us. We took her out and she played. That girl is a joy. She didn't cry, not ONCE the whole trip down there and the whole trip back. Just amazing.



I really wanted a picture of the five of us, but by the time I remembered, the kids had abandoned us to go to the gameroom.


And even though they liked bowling, they would have rather played in this little, silly gameroom with hardly any working games. We should have just given them each $5 and called it a day. Oh well.



The next morning, we woke up and ate a hotel breakfast. I love hotel breakfasts. There is just something about staying in a hotel that I LOVE. It made me really want to plan a real weekend vacation for Jason and I.

Have a great week everyone! T-Minus one week until I start my new job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.