Skip to main content

Bad Morning....

Avery woke up just fine this morning. We went through our normal morning routine:

-Get Avery up, feed her a bottle, I eat my breakfast. Watch Bewitched.
-Change her diaper.
-Put her in the pack n play while I take a shower.
-Let her run around in our room while I am getting ready.
-Say "no" a million times when she is exploring things she shouldn't be.

Everything was going just fine....

At about 6:50, when I was getting ready to dry my hair and head off to work, she just started crying. She just wanted me to pick her up. She NEVER wants me to pick her up. Not like that. Not just bawling,  pleading with her tears, "MOMMY PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE" crying. She was following me around everywhere I walked, sittting on my feet while I was drying my hair, staring at me with these eyes of compete abandonment. I got through drying my hair, but not very well. I didn't even style my hair. I just put it up in a pony tail. And then picked her up. She stopped crying immediately. I held her for a few minutes and she just put her head on my chest and started patting me. That's what she does. She pats. I think it's cause I do it, on her legs, when I hold her. I guess. I don't know. But, that's what made her ok again.

I wanted to get a picture of her, but I just couldn't bring myself to take a picture of her misery, so I got this one. Her eyes were just red after having cried...


I love that my daughter needs me. I really do. It's an amazing feeling to know that someone in this world is unhappy and out of the billions of people there are, you are probably the only one who can make her happy. I love that she looks to me for comfort. It lets me know I am doing my job. That I am providing her comfort when she needs it, enough that she knows I will hold her when she is upset. It doesn't help that I have a place to be in the mornings and that I need to look halfway decent, but you know, it is what it is.

Now I am off to work. Hopefully no one will notice my hair is not fixed. At least it's raining, that's a good excuse, right?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments

Brooklynn said…
She was saying "stay here with me Mom" ah, poor baby.....

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.