Skip to main content

Musings of a 35 (almsost 36) Year Old Woman

My poor blog has been sorely neglected lately. Not sure why I haven't added much to it this last year, but tonight, I felt I had some things to say.
 
Dogs. They are a gift from God, and I truly believe that. My dogs are my companions, my friends. They are always excited to see me walk through the door. Even if I've only been gone a few minutes, they greet me as though they haven't seen me in a lifetime. They love my hugs, my kisses, my presence. They follow me around the house, watching me to see if I'm going to do something different than I have ever done, if I have a treat to give them, watching me in anticipation to see if I'm getting ready and about to leave them. Walking in between my dogs through my house is an exercise in agility, as it's almost like manipulating an obstacle course. They sleep soundly when I'm in the same room. I watch my pups curl up on the floor next to my feet, just happy and content to be near me. My pups have been with me now going on 7 years. They've been with me during the most important transition of my life. They've had kids that have loved them, given them attention, dressed them up despite their disgust otherwise. They've patiently awaited the birth of my daughter and licked and loved her from the moment she came home from the hospital. I looked at my dogs this week and felt the reality that I only have another 6 years with them, maybe longer if I'm lucky. It makes me spend every moment with them in happiness and feeling like God truly blessed me to give me such a beautiful example of pure, unconditional love.
 
This year has been a year of change for us. It doesn't normally affect me when the kids move from grade to grade, but for some reason, this year is already proving to be hard for me. My oldest is going to be a freshman, my middle one will be in junior high and my youngest will be in kindergarten. These years have gone by in such a blink. I feel like I enjoy every moment, every phase, even the hard ones. The little ages aren't the hardest for us, 2 and 3 went by ok, but it's the one Sophia's in now that are the hardest ones to take. The age of 10, as they pass from 5th grade elementary students to 6th grade junior high schoolers, has proven to be the most challenging. The in between, too old to be young and too young to be old. Annoyed by their younger siblings. Know it alls. Independent yet still dependent. Going through the major milestone of body changes and opposite sex relationships. And with a girl, it's hard because friendships change and become harder. Before we know it, though, they will be graduating and it will all be over, and we will look back and wonder where all the years went. I watched my husband and daughters tonight, my daughters still wanting the presence and snuggles of their dad, watching Goosebumps under a flowery blanket, and knowing that before too long, this stage will be over and only one will remain, until it's time for her, too, to be old to think spending a Friday night this way is "cool."
 
My husband tonight said I am spoiled, and he isn't the only one to feel this way. I am spoiled. Spoiled by the Godly man I married, whose hope in life is that he makes my life easier. He listens to my ramblings, my fears, my concerns, and is there for me, every step of the way. He picks up my messes, he comforts me even when I'm sounding a little looney, he makes me laugh and he loves me even when I don't make much sense. When God sends you the right one, you hold on to him tight and appreciate every day, because you realize that without him, your life simply doesn't make sense. I look at my handsome husband sometimes and pray to God that he never leaves me, as he travels for his job, and pray hard, he comes back. Every moment, every memory, every hug and kiss is a blessing that I cherish.

I guess I'm feeling a little emotional tonight and thought I'd share it with the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.