Skip to main content

Trip to Taos!

Jason and I decided in the summer to take a trip around Christmas, just the two of us. We wanted to go to a ski town and be around the snow. We found the cutest place in Taos and thought we could drive down there.
 
We spent the night in Amarillo on our way, at the Big Texan Inn, across the street from the Big Texan Ranch, one of our favorite pit stops!
 
 
It was all decked out for Christmas. A good meal and a full night's sleep was awesome!
 
 
The next day we headed to New Mexico!
 
 
The GPS took us on an adventure. We ended up on this dirt road through the mountains. It was a little scary there for a while, wondering if we were on the right track, but before we knew it, it popped us off right at Angel Fire and we were on our way! It's a good thing Jason and I were in good spirits and laughing, we were both a little worried!
 
 
We were pleasantly surprised by the town of Taos. It's a small village of nice resorts and restaurants. However, we were surprised about two weeks before arriving that while we got there on Monday, the lifts didn't open until Thursday, so basically, the entire village was closed until Thursday. There was a little cantina open in our hotel, as well as a convenience store and a pizza place. We got some groceries on our way into town and spent those three days relaxing, getting massages, sleeping in, and hanging out.
 
 
Our room was nice but small, but the patio MORE than made up for it. Look at our view from our room!


 
It actually worked out well that we had a few days to get used to the altitude. Our first full day, we could hardly walk up stairs without getting winded. That altitude ain't no joke!
 
We spent a lot of time at this cute little place called the Stray Dog Cantina. We met a lot of locals and watched some ball games. I even met another Realtor and had a nice time getting to know about the business in New Mexico. It was really great, especially since it was two feet away from our door to our room!
 
 
By Wednesday, we got our feet under us and went on a walk around the village. The snow was ready to go, all fresh and beautiful.
 

 
We even played a couple board games from the hotel on our patio, just because, how often do you get to play board games with this as your view??

 
Thursday came around and it was time to ski. As you can see, there is a picture of Jason, but no picture of me. He's had a lot of experience skiing, I have not. I tried it for about 30 minutes and didn't care for it at all. I gave up and decided to go down to the lodge and spend my time watching other skiers.

 
By the end of the day, Jason was worn out and I was ready to visit a couple bars/restaurants that hadn't been open. I had the best chicken pot pie I had EVER had in my life! Which was a welcome change from the never-ending dishes with green peppers the rest of the week.


We were supposed to head back Saturday and drive the whole way back, but by Friday, we were ready to go. Plus, it was supposed to snow a lot through Friday night and Saturday morning and had no interest in getting stuck in that. We drove back and spent the night in Amarillo, stopping at the mall and finishing up some Christmas shopping. We made it back later Saturday evening. It was a great trip, but we both agreed it was a long time to be away from our little stinker. The kids are getting big enough that next year, we've decided to go again but take the kids. They have snowmobiling, tubing, and other things for the kids to do (as well as ski school) and we think they'd love just being in the mountains. Although, spending that quality time with each other was very welcome and it affirmed how much we really love being around each other and how much fun we have together! I'm a lucky lady!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.