Skip to main content

The Rest of The Summer....

The last half of my summer was literally a blur of activity.
 
I hosted two estate sales. This just kind of happened, but it's opened up a world of possibilities for opportunities!
 
We had this little cutie spend a couple nights with us. These two just LOVE each other. It makes my heart happy.
 
 
Jason and I went to church camp as counselors. Serving in the children's ministry these past couple of years has been a huge blessing for me. I've learned more about the Bible from our curriculum than I have in 35 years! And going to camp was such a treat. It was tiring and hard to function some days, but it was such a wonderful time. Getting to know the kids was amazing.

 
We took our first official church directory picture as a family!

 
This is my absolute favorite picture of the kids we've ever taken. They all are smiling so beautifully and look genuinely happy in it.

 
This little missy turned 3!!! Colbi is one of the most funny kids to be around. Her mannerisms are seriously hilarious. She is one sassy little thing, and I love spending time with her.

 
My friend Kate had a BIG summer - a wedding and a baby on the way! We got to celebrate her wedding with a shower, and another one is to come! That little boy will be one lucky kiddo to have her as a mom.

 
I have done a lot of painting this summer. I have a lot more to go. It's a labor of love, for sure!

 
I also got to participate in VBS at church as the craft leader. Growing up, and as an adult, I was sure I would be called to work with youth because of my positive experience with adults in my teenage years, but God has shown me just how much I love younger kiddos. It's been such a fun summer with them!

 
On a sad/happy note, my friend Reagen of 15 years moved to Rockport. We've seen each other at least once a week for a standing friend date for at least four years, as we've lived about ten minutes away from each other since then. Then, she left me to go get married and build a house at the beautiful coast with a wonderful man who treats her like a queen. How dare she. She is still within driving distance (what's 6 hours between best friends?) so I went down to see her once already. I'll be seeing her again very soon. I guess I will sacrifice and go to the beach here and there to have my friend dates, if I must.
 
 
School for Avery doesn't start for another two weeks, and I just can't wait. I know she is so excited as well. And this year, she will be doing dance!! I am so excited for her!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.