Skip to main content

Lights! Camera! I Put a Stage....Where?

I really can't believe I did this. It's too much, even for me. 

I started searching for girls' wardrobes online to find a cute place to put Avery's dress up clothes. They were like, $175 and up. I almost fainted - $175 for a kid-sized, dress up clothes closet? (like the one in the picture below) You've got to be kidding! But in the process of looking at pictures, I saw pictures like this

 

 No, I said. I am not putting a stage in my four year old's room. I will turn her into a monster. 

Then, for Christmas, I found a little working microphone on a stand on sale and thought....hmmm.

I couldn't get the idea out of my head. I started cleaning out Avery's closets the other day and found a shower curtain rod and two curtains. I also found a tension rod I wasn't using and it fit just perfectly in her green bookshelf. So, with a little rearranging...

 

Ta-da! I got married on a theater stage, people. It was only a matter of time before I would start putting them in my house. 


This bookshelf desperately needs a new paint job. I didn't seal it with anything when I painted it last, so I will need to redo it. But for now, it works. 


I didn't go overboard and build a floor or anything. The chandelier light has been hanging there since we moved in and hasn't matched the room since the first month we were here. Glad it's getting some use!


 Now THIS is a little girl's room. And the girls haven't stopped playing since they got home tonight. I cleaned up the stuff while they were taking a bath to take pictures, but they have just LOVED it. 


They keep closing the curtain and rehearsing. Sophia gives Avery stage directions and for her to announce her. They tell me to sit while they perform. I even found a kids' joke book and Sophia started doing a comedy routine. Best $0 I've spent in a long time.

And so - on with the show!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.