Skip to main content

God knows

It's been a while, so I thought I would write a blog. I have some things to say, so I thought, why not write them in my blog?

It's funny how when you start to seek God, He shows up. In areas that you wouldn't imagine. Lately, we have been attending our new church home, Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano. We joined a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed being a part of what is going on there. We've been trying to seek God more in our actions and in our decisions. It's not always easy, but I have to say I have sought God more in these last few months than I have in the last 12 years. Well, seek and ye shall find. I was at work, of all places, where I didn't realize there were so many Christians. I started talking more about being a Christian, using God in regular conversation, and to my surprise, more people began to use it with me, and before too long, I feel like there are good Christian people there that I can talk to about things. One day last week, a manager told us we had to watch Fireproof, especially me, since I was getting married. Fireproof is a Christian movie, produced my Christians. They have made two other movies, Flywheel and Facing the Giants (which made me ball like a baby.) Fireproof is a movie about marriage and learning how God feels about marriage. Jason and I watched it the other night and it spoke to me, and I think for the rest of my marriage, will continue to speak to me, about how God looks at marriage, forgiveness, the meaning of true love, and hope for the future.

Jason and I have hit a rough patch these last few days. Without going into alot of detail, there have been things that we've had to deal with that haven't been the most pleasant. But there have been several moments that movie has come back to me and I have taken things from it. Here are some of those things:

1) Marriage is a decision you make, every day. It's not about being in love, although that's part of it, it's about choosing that person, every day, for the rest of your life.

2) Marriage is non-ending. God does not intend for marriage to end, even in the most dire of circumstances. He wants couples to seek Him and solve problems the way He intended, even if you don't know where the solutions will come from.

3) God gives married couples a love for each other that is beyond explanation. If a couple seeks God, He will give them a heart for each other that no worldly view will understand.

4) There is nothing that's done in a marriage that is beyond forgiveness. God loves us and forgave us, we should do the same for our spouse.


5) Make God the center and all things are possible.

God surprises me every day. I don't why I get so surprised, but I do. Probably because my human mind cannot possibly fathom the future God has in store. This movie is another way God used humans to speak to each other, and from that, a movie was made that will change the way married people look at each other. I praise God that He chose to show me this movie when He did. He knew what was coming, just around the corner, and knew I would need that message in my relationship. It certainly is comforting, knowing that my Saviour knows more than I ever will.

Comments

Brittany said…
Thanks for the reminder on marriage today, Jenna! I needed to read this!
Great Red Giant said…
sooo it thought that you had seen the love & respect videos?...

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.