Skip to main content

Our New Addition

I would like for you to meet the newest addition to our home.


Isn't she pretty? She was given to me by the same WONDERFUL woman who gave Avery this rocking chair...


And these onesies....


The girls room in the new house isn't quite ready for a reveal, but here is just the wall with our newest addition...


Love. Love. Love.

We got to go hang out with Kristen last night at her house, which is SSSOOOOOOO cute by the way. She is so creative and I can just see her blog filled with all of her wonderful ideas and cute crafts. We are going to work on that in the next couple of weeks, aren't we Kristen? I know you are reading. Avery loved Kristen's elves. She had two plush elves that Avery just carried around her house (by their legs, of course). Why didn't I get any pictures, you ask? Because my phone was almost dead. I didn't charge it like I should have. She also made this wonderful dinner of Mexican food, it was YUMMY!!!

You might notice a box beside Avery's crib. Well, I found this idea on pinterest one day...

Pinned Image

And I just thought that is such a cute idea! (I didn't even notice that this room has a rocking chair too, just like ours!) I don't think we have room in their room for this, though. Well, I also read a blog about a woman who poked holes in the top of a box and inserted Christmas lights (kind of like stars) and I loved that too. Avery crawled inside of this box one day in the living room and I thought, I bet I could paint this and do some stuff with it to make it a little spot where she could go. Well, the box fit and there have been a couple of times we've looked for Avery and found her hiding in her box, so I think over the Christmas vacation, that will be a project of mine. I mean, it's not like I don't have anything else going on, right?


You'll also notice our brown sheets are back on the windows. The black curtains we had didn't fit the new windows, but they did fit in Jordan's room and the brown curtains I had underneath (which you can see from this post) actually went up in my foyer. So, now, I have about three rooms worth of curtains to get. We will see if I can get that done this weekend. It's a need we have, definitely.

Have a great Friday!

Comments

*Katy* said…
that would be SUCH a fun idea to do in a kids room! my dad used to bring big boxes home from work about once a month for me to play in :)

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...