Skip to main content

Christmas Quiz

It might be two days after Christmas, but I found this Christmas quiz on another blog and thought I would answer some questions:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He just sets them out by the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree. I was always against colored lights, but we put them on our house this year and they looked pretty awesome! Whichever color they are, as long as the bulbs are facing the same way, they should look good.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend or whenever I get a free moment. I believe I was still putting up Christmas decorations last weekend :-)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmmm...sweet potatoe casserole and my Aunt Angie's stuffing. And my mom's homeade cinnamon rolls.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve! I loved when my grandparents and aunt would come, we would open our pjs and watch Christmas movies, eat junk, and my mom would deliver rolls to everyone.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa? As long as I believe, he still brings me presents. I don't really know when I really found out, to be honest.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, it's always been and forever will be pjs.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year, just lights, ornaments we've had over the years, and some Dollar Tree red balls.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes - a pair of Girbeau jeans. It was the year I opened my presents early (sshh, don't tell my parents) and I had to fake surprise that morning. I couldn't wait to wear those jeans!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Depends on the mood I am in! Anything with my mom's homeade whipped cream.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hhmmm....having a lit Christmas tree in my living room. It makes the house so full!
17. What tops your tree? Nothing this year. They all looked too cheesy to put on the tree.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving, without a doubt!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yucky. I've never liked those things.
20. Favorite Christmas show? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which reminds me, I didn't see that this year. That's a problem.
21. Saddest Christmas song? There was this song I heard called Christmas Shoes?
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Do you hear what I hear, O Holy Night, White Christmas, but only Bing's version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...