Skip to main content

Avery pics

My in laws are coming tomorrow to stay with us for a little while, so we have been busy, busy little bees for the last week trying to get things ready. I've made all of my Christmas gifts this year (but of course, I can't show them to you, don't want wondering eyes to see.) Well, I've made them all except the kids. I must say, I have surprised myself with what I can do. I have a few projects that I've done for others that I'd like to do for myself!

I haven't posted Avery pictures in a few days so I thought I would show you my big girl.

In the mornings, we move the highchair into our room while we get ready so Avery can eat some breakfast and watch some TV. Lately it's been the Wiggles, but I don't think she is that attached to it yet. Have I told you all how much I love having wood floors? And dogs that will come back behind food thrown on the floor?


My daughter is just a delight. She really is a joy every day. She is the light of my life and I love, love, love watching her and observing all of the things she can do. To watch her walk now, you'd think she's been doing it forever. But she still has that toddler, bow legged thing going on, that makes us laugh sometimes. Especially when she gets to walking really fast.

Her new words she can say are "night night," "ewww," and "go go go" (Jason has taught her that for when they are driving).


Her hair is long enough for pig tails, but it's in that weird, sticking up like horns thing and I don't have a set of matching small bows. So lately, it's just been a ponytail.

If you'll notice in the picture above, she has her dolly by the leg, carrying it around. That little leg is about to come off! She can't carry a doll or animal unless it's by the leg, which is odd, but that's what she does. She's not really interested in toys much, just books and stuffed animals. And stuff she's not supposed to have. We actually decided that this year, she would only get three small toys from us and a couple from Santa. I've seen a ton of stuff, but I just know it will sit on the ground and she won't play with it. I got her one of those pull string toys, which I think she will really like. She likes to drag things around.


Jason says she looks like me and I think I would agree! But she is much more beautiful than I am - my husband and I made one good looking baby, I think!!

One more working day until I am off for five days! Yeah!

Comments

*Katy* said…
We got George a few books for Christmas and that's it-his grandparents will buy him LOTS of toys so there is no need for us to do it.

And I love having a dog who cleans up messes-it saves so much time :)

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...