Skip to main content

SUYL - Baby Showers


I thought I would participate in Kelly's Corner SUYL today - show us your baby showers....

So, I went back through to find pictures on the blog about when I blogged about my baby showers. Guess what? I did not blog about them. That makes me sad. So I am glad I get this opportunity!!

I had 3 showers when I had Avery. I hope I can find all of the pictures for them!!
My first shower was my mom's church friends.



Here is my mom, sisters, and myself. I don't know why people tell you that you "glow" when you are pregnant. I look at this picture and all I can see is my pale skin and horrible roots.

 Aren't these adorable cakes??
 

This was a tummy time mat from my mother in law. She lives in Seattle and wasn't able to come to any of my showers, but she made sure to send this cute tummy time.

My second shower was at my mom's house with her teacher friends.

Avery's nursery was pink and zebra, I thought this table looked great!

 Cute cupcakes....


 Got some cute auntie onesies from my sisters....


Oh Kate, how I love thee!


Kate got me this madonna onesie...I love it. I need to get one for her size now.


And the introduction of the tutus you see in Avery's month pictures every month!

My 3rd shower was my most interesting. Many of my parents friends are the neighbors that either live or have lived in their neighborhood over the years. Two of their friends' kids were having babies too, so we did a neighborhood couples' shower. It was so. much. fun.

Isn't this cake adorable??


We played this game with the husbands and wives. As you can see, the husbands put their faces into a foam board....


...then they blindfolded the wives and we had to feed them like a baby! I laughed the whole time. It was hilarious!!!


I am glad Jason got to be a part of a shower. However, I can't say that any of the husbands really cared about being there. They were more concerned with the UT football game on the background. 


Kind of makes me sad to reminisce......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...