Skip to main content

Bella and Avery, Take 2

Bella is the best dog in the whole world. Seriously. I love Molly, but Molly has her issues. She is a great dog, too, but Bella is just the perfect dog. Her only issue is that she stares at you when you are eating, which drives Jason nuts. She never jumps on you, she never bites, she has always been super calm. She loves laying by you but doesn't beg for your attention. She lets you love on her anytime you want. She never, ever has accidents in the house. She is smart. She is a wonderful, wonderful dog.

Neither Avery or Bella are really all that interested in each other just yet. I don't think Avery realizes that she can really play with her. I don't think Bella really cares one way or the other. She loves me more than anyone, everyone else is kind of an afterthought. But lately, since Avery has been crawling around, Bella is sometimes in her path. Bella will sometimes move, but most of the time, she'll just lay there. Yesterday morning, Avery was just crawling all over her and Bella just stayed there and let her. Molly won't really lie there and let her crawl on her. Now, Molly is great with the big kids. The big kids will just lay on top of her and she just lays there. Bella won't really do that. She doesn't like to be pinned down. But Molly is a great dog to lay on.

I love having dogs. Especially ones that are so good with kids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...