Skip to main content

Great Baby Shower Gift - Love Chest

I apologize for not taking a good "before" shot of this chest. I don't know what I was thinking!! Anyway, I have been trying to think of a great baby shower gift that I can give people that has some good sentimental value and that can be really useful. I absolutely loved my rocking chair I got that was personalized for Avery, so when I had a baby gift to give, I thought I would recreate it. Well, Michaels didn't have any the day I went but they had this really great wooden chest and I thought, what a great idea!!

So, I got the colors of the nursery, painted it to match, and glued the "Love" sign on the front. Now, there is something of sentimental value to place all of those little things you want to keep for your baby. You know, Valentine's cards, Christmas cards, their coming home outfit. I tried keeping some of these things in a scrap book, but I can tell not everything is going to fit.


This was a very easy, inexpensive gift idea!!


I put a scrapbook and some baby books in this one. I love giving books as gifts too. I loved getting them from people during my showers!!

I know there are alot of things people think they need when they have a baby, but really, it's things like this that you really keep and that mean the most. All of the other stuff is so fleeting. You either use it for a couple of months or not at all. It's important, but I really wanted to find something that meant alot and was personalized to each baby. This one was for an Ellie. Hence the "E!"


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...