Skip to main content

Divorce is Final

The last few weeks have been interesting, to say the least. 

July was the first month that we had our new "custody arrangement" in place. According to possession orders in Texas, the father receives the entire month of July with the exception of one weekend of the mom's choosing. I was very nervous going into this month because I knew it was going to be very hard on Avery. Avery is very much a momma's girl and I knew that neither she nor I could go the entire month and not see each other. 

I was very happy that we were able to work out arrangements where she could go back and forth between us for the month. She would stay with me a couple days then him a couple of days. 

Again, I can't say enough how excited I am to have the job I do where I am able to make this arrangement work. I think it really helped her and gave her a sense of ownership in where she wanted to spend her time. 

July 20th was the day my divorce was final. I really didn't know how I would feel about this day. I knew it was coming, but to see "your divorce is final as of this morning" from my attorney was still a dagger to my heart. I didn't have Avery that day and was able to spend the evening with a friend who helped make the day better. 

I have an ex-husband. It's a challenge to say that.

There are things going on in our lives right now that I am simply not ready to discuss. It's been a hard couple of weeks. I'm just emotionally exhausted. 

On the bright side, Avery and I are going on a cruise next week and we are both THRILLED. It's a Carnival cruise and we are going to the Bahamas. I just cannot wait to spend some good, fun time with my beautiful daughter before school starts back up again. 

I'm so lucky I have such a great kid because she is super fun and I know we will just have a blast!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...