Skip to main content

Struggling

I have been struggling for a while now with some things in my life. Namely, finding a balance with weight control, exercising, eating healthy and time for myself. Ultimately, what I've decided it comes down to is just being lazy. I mean, lazy with no self-discipline or self-control and no plan.

When I watch shows like "my 600 pound life" or "The Biggest Loser" I always think, those people came to a fork in the road at some point in their lives where they could have gone one way with their lifestyle or another. I feel as though I am at that fork in my life.

I weigh 185 pounds. I am 15 pounds away from being 200 pounds. And I have no idea why I've let myself stay this way for so long. I've never been a person who has been OK being heavy. I always thought that I would never let myself get heavy. Maybe 185 is not that heavy to some people, but to me, it's the heaviest non-pregnant weight I've ever been and I am terrified about it. I have always been someone who can find the answers to problems and deal with it, but I am having alot of trouble finding the answers to a balance in my life with being a mom, being a wife, and being me.

As it goes, I have about 5 hours each day that does not include work. We get up at about 5:30, go to work by 7:30 (unless I take Avery, in which case I leave at about 6:45 each morning). I work from 8 - 5. Lunch time lately has consisted of running home and throwing dinner in the crock pot while catching lunch, I get home from work at about 5:30, unless I get Avery from daycare, which puts me home about 6:15. We have to get Avery fed, spend a small amount of time with her, bathe her and then she goes to sleep around 7:30. Doing all of this is a tag team effort from both Jason and myself, as one of us can't do all of this every single night. This leaves me from 7:30 to about 10:00 to do anything and everything else, which includes laundry, cleaning, dishes, time to relax, or any other activity I choose to throw in there. Two and a half hours each weekday. This does not include Thursdays, which is even more hectic because we have the kids or Fridays when we have the kids. We have the kids every other weekend, so date nights on those weekends are usually out, considering Jason wants to spend time with them. Our weekends consist of church, grocery shopping, catching up on cleaning, activities with the kids, which lately has increased with birthday parties and will start back up with basketball games for Jordan. I am not going to lie, it's not easy finding a balance when life is this busy all the time.

Throwing in exercising, when I already have trouble finding motivation to do much else than the required to maintain our family and home, seems completely impossible to me. There is something that will be sacrificed along the way for me to be able to do this. I look at working out as a sacrifice in my life, which is problem number one. Working out and being active are essential. I can feel my body just big and heavy, my joints and back hurt all the time. But, I just have no idea how I am going to find a routine and keep it going. Nothing about going to a track appeals to me. Doing stuff at my own house won't happen. I need to be held accountable and be a part of a group that I enjoy or else I won't do it. At least, not at first. What I need is to get into a habit and have a plan for my week.

Sometimes, I get so annoyed having plans for anything and everything in my life. Recently, Jason and I started budgeting and I feel like every dollar we have has a plan, which is good but it's also annoying. I hate having to have a plan for every minute of my life. Sometimes, I would just like to be able to come home and just sit and relax. I remember those times when I was single. Ah, the days of no responsibility.

So, no pictures today, just a rant of my life. Fun huh??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.