Well, I started having contractions this last weekend. They were very few and far between, but they started. On Monday at work, they started coming more often and closer together. After a few hours, they just stopped. Today they started again. This time, they were stronger and closer together. About 4, they were 3 to 5 minutes apart. On the way home, we decided to go to the hospital. On the way, the contractions got farther apart until they just went away. So, we just stayed home. This childbirth stuff is really annoying, I must say. I will keep you all updated!!
I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it. So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all. As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me. Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...
Comments